Guy’s Shreveport Academy of Cosmetology has maintained a positive reputation locally and in the surrounding communities. The resilient academy has stood the test of time and unexpected hardships to remain a popular choice for students seeking a career in the beauty and wellness industry.

January 1954

The original Guy’s Beauty School was founded by Guy M. Dorman with the dream of providing a post graduate school for further training license beauticians for employment at Guy’s Beauty Salon.

February 1955

The inaugural class of students was accepted.

January 1982

Hershel Ferguson bought the school.

July 1982

Ferguson formed a partnership with Claude Burch, and they renamed the institution GUY’S SHREVEPORT ACADEMY OF COSMETOLOGY.

November 1987

Guy’s Shreveport Academy of Cosmetology became accredited by NACCAS.

February 1988

The school began Title IV funding with the Department of Education.

April 1996

The facility expanded to include a 900 hour program in skincare.

May 1997

The Esthetics program was granted accreditation.  That same year, the Advanced Student Designers and Day Spa Training Center opened providing a salon-type environment in which Advanced Students could hone their skills.

June 2000

Guy’s Shreveport Academy of Cosmetology expanded again to include a chemical processing lab, larger classroom and retail center.

August 2001

The expansion continued with a Nail Center.

September 2000

Guy’s Shreveport Academy of Cosmetology, Inc. purchased the partnership.

January 2001

Following the death of Ferguson, Burch purchased his stock and became sole stockholder.

March 2003

A fire destroyed the original Youree Drive location and the school relocated to a temporary building days later.

July 2003

Construction began on the new building.

December 2003

Guy’s Academy Hair, Skin & Nails opened at 1141 Shreveport Barksdale Highway with a sprawling 10,260 square foot facility.

June 2017

In June 2017, Mrs. Sue Burch acquired the stock in the corporation and became the sole owner.